Journal Prompt #3 ( BPO - HR forum )

BPO - Human Resource Recruitment Forum
30-31 August 2008
Sangguniang Panglungsod, Davao City

I, together with my selected classmates, attented the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) Human Resource Recruitment Forum held at the Sagguniang Panglungsod last Saturday.
The said forum was supposed to start in the morning and because of the early bird that I am, I arrived at 1 pm in the afternoon which means that I missed the topics discussed by speakers in the morning..So I can only share the events that happened in the afternoon..
so here it goes..
The first speaker who spoke in the afternoon was a guy named Ralph, a visually impaired Medical Transcriptionist trainee from MTC ,who just finished his on-the-job-training a day before the forum itslef *congrats to him*. Generally, he shared his experiences concerning his struggle and triumph over pursuing a career in the BPO industry. I think that he was chosen to be a speaker not only to inspire the people who attended the forum by letting the people know that you can do anything as long as you put your mind into it and never give up but also to let the people be aware that there are jobs available for people like him in the BPO industry.
Shortly after that, two speakers from different call centers were invited to speak in front of us and shared about the call center industry. The first speaker was Ms. Karol Doyo from eTelecare. She discussed a thing or two about the misconceptions of most people about call center jobs. She even shared how did she come to know eTelecare and shared some advantages on joining the eTelecare. Afterwards, another speaker named Jacq'z, now from SuRecruit, was invited and shared to us some tips when having an interview and answered our burning questions about the call center industry. Overall, it was informative.
After that, my classmates and I went into the booth of MTC to try out their Transcription simulation. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to have a first hand experience on the simulation because it was already 5:00 pm when it was already my turn and they were already starting to pack. (poor me.)
I also learned how the Recruitment and Training process (which is part of HRM) occur on some companies who participated in the forum.
Overall, it was a nice experince because I learned some interesting stuff.
ahmm..I guess that's it.
ciao!

P.S.
Pasensya na sa wrong grammar

Comments

juvz14 said…
ok lng tin, ala ka ka-try out sa simulation basta daghan lng ta natutunan dd2 dba..hehe
and there's always a next time...
but..!
mas ok pud bitaw noh kung nakatry jud..hehe
cge lng duha nata...hahaha☺

Popular